What is JOnAS ?
JOnAS is a leading edgeOpen Source Enterprise Server developed by and .
The License used by JOnAS is the.
Download the last datasheet
The OW2 development community includes many academic institutes (, , , , , ...) working with JOnAS; this fastens technology transfers and make JOnAS a top level product in term of technology innovation.
- JOnAS 5 is designed with an OSGiTM based services architecture to provide a dynamically adaptable application server
- JOnAS implements the full Java EE 6 Web Profile execution stack and provides, with , an efficient, pluggable and easy to use EJB3 container
- The project contains tools for creating, deploying and monitoring JOnAS clusters; it will include self-management features
Read thefor details about these aspects.
OW2 JOnAS 5.3 is Java EE 6 Web Profile certified.. Reports issues on the .
JOnAS is a mature project (started in 1998), providing a production ready application server, already used within many critical operational applications.
- JOnAS provides top level clustering mechanisms to ensure scalability and high availability
- JOnAS' high level Management features satisfy professional SI administrators
- Integration to the Enterprise SI is enabled through many mechanisms like Web Services, Java EE Connectors, LDAP access, IIOP, Websphere MQ connector, ...
- JOnAS 5 runs on top of an OSGi architecture, rendering trivial the integration of existing OSGi and iPOJO components
- make development on top of JOnAS easy
- is available from Bull
Custom made vs on-the-shelf application server
- Meet the users' needs
- Through a survey of the community launched in the second half of 2005, JOnAS team gathered the user requirements before defining the new application server generation architecture. In result, the R5 fits with your needs. For example, JOnAS 5 is based on OSGi and all JOnAS services are OSGi bundles. Moreover, Easybeans/EJB3 container provides a dynamic module reloading system for simplifying application development. Taking into account user requirements is part of the JOnAS development process.
- Developments priority
- The JOnAS development is standard driven but as far as possible the roadmap is refined according to the most required features.
- Twice a year, a new JOnAS release is delivered with the last enhancements ensuring a quick availability of the functionnalities with highest priorities.
Support for SOA
JOnAS is the basis of a more global middleware suite delivered within OW2. It is the cornerstone of the Service Oriented Architecture, which includes other famous OW2 projects like the workflow manager, the BPEL engine or the portal .
Based on OSGi, JOnAS can also integrate many other existing SOA components natively. Thus, the EIP frameworkis embedded in the package for providing a powerful and flexible ESB solution and the is plugged on the platform in the project.