Last modified byon 2015/10/19 15:47
JPaaS development is funded by compatibleOne.
The concept of PaaS requires changes in traditional application servers to meet inherent needs :
- Resource sharing
- Usage billing (pay as you go)
Why move to JPaaS?
What's multitenancy ?
“Many parties shared same set of resources, while giving each one his own space”*. A tradeoff between Sharing and Isolation.
Several multitenancy levels can be considered :
- Shared infrastructure : Hardware might be shared (Virtualization / Cloud).
- Shared operating system : One JVM/JOnAS per tenant.
- Shared applications server : One application instance per tenant.
- Shared application : One application for all the tenants.
* WSO2 Inc. - Multi-Tenant SOA Middleware for Cloud Computing July 2010 - Srinath Perera, Ph.D., Architect.